What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity.
The personal information collected and held about you includes:
- your name, address, email address, age, gender, occupation, contact information;
- transaction details relating to any Services or Deliverables that you have purchased from us or that have been made on your behalf;
- payment card details; and
- other information provided voluntarily by you, for example in response to surveys or competitions.
How does Keopha Pty Ltd collect your personal information?
Keopha Pty Ltd collects personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you visit our website (including without limitation www.keopha.com, supply or buy Services or Deliverables, request information about us or our products or services, provide feedback, respond to a survey or competitions, contract with us, submit information through our website, or contact us by telephone, email, post or in person.
- From third parties, such as customers, employees, contractors, suppliers and other users of the Website.
How does Keopha Pty Ltd use your personal information?
- verify your identity;
- to provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- to promote and market our products, Services and Deliverables to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our website;
- to help Keopha Pty Ltd research the needs of its customers;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services;
- to provide you with ongoing information about Keopha Pty Ltd and its activities;
- to allow us to provide third party information and offers which Keopha Pty Ltd believe you may be interested;
- to comply with regulatory or other legal requirements; and
- for any other purpose communicated to you at the time that the personal information was collected or for which you provided your consent.
Keopha Pty Ltd may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing materials if you would reasonably expect us to or if you consent to receive direct marketing materials. Keopha Pty Ltd will seek your consent to provide you with direct marketing materials if Keopha Pty Ltd have obtained your personal information from a third party. Direct marketing material may include promotional material about Keopha Pty Ltd, competitions run by Keopha Pty Ltd for promotional purposes or the products or services offered by Keopha Pty Ltd. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing material by contacting us in any of the ways specified in the direct marketing materials or by contacting us (our contact details are set out below).
When does Keopha Pty Ltd disclose your personal information?
Keopha Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information to:
- service providers that Keopha Pty Ltd have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
- shareholders, officers and employees of Insert business name and other businesses within the Keopha Pty Ltd group of companies for the purpose of performing our business operations,
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our insurers;
- website host or service providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner; or
- otherwise as required or authorised by law.
Keopha Pty Ltd may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Insert business name will not sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
The Keopha Pty Ltd Website – www.keopha.com
When you visit our website, our systems may record certain information about your use of our website (such as which web pages you visit and the time and date of your visit). Keopha Pty Ltd use this information to help analyse and improve the performance of our website.
In addition, Keopha Pty Ltd may use “cookies” on our website. Cookies are small text files that help a web site to remember your preferences and improve your experience of using that website. Using cookies is standard practice for most large websites. In some cases, the cookies that Keopha Pty Ltd use may collect some personal information about you. Keopha Pty Ltd will treat this information in the same way as other personal information Keopha Pty Ltd collect about you. If you prefer, you may be able to disable cookies on your internet browser. However, if you do so, you will not be able to enjoy the enhanced user experience that our cookies offer.
Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Keopha Pty Ltd use web beacons to track the visiting patterns and browsing habits of individuals accessing our website. This information is not intended to and will generally not include any personal information, and Keopha Pty Ltd will not use the information to identify any individual.
Keopha Pty Ltd may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses relating to you when you access and use the website. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network of computers which makes up the internet. Keopha Pty Ltd may collect and manage IP addresses for internet session management and security purposes.
Third Party Sites and Advertising
Accuracy of your personal information
Keopha Pty Ltd take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information Keopha Pty Ltd collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, Keopha Pty Ltd rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. If you find that the personal information Keopha Pty Ltd holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and Keopha Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
How can you access the personal information Keopha Pty Ltd holds about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that Keopha Pty Ltd holds about you, Keopha Pty Ltd require you to put your request in writing. If Keopha Pty Ltd does not allow you access to any part of the personal information Keopha Pty Ltd holds about you, Keopha Pty Ltd will tell you why. Keopha Pty Ltd will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but Keopha Pty Ltd may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
How to contact us
Keopha Pty Ltd takes all privacy complaints seriously will investigate your complaint in a confidential manner and you will be informed of the outcome of the investigation within a reasonable period of time.
You can find out more information about the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Australian Information Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email – email@example.com).